Friday, May 30, 2008

Urban Sidewalk Waterers


Dear Chicago Sidewalk Waterers,

Really? I have to wait for you? When I’m trying to make my bus/train to get to work at the exact same time that you decide you not only need to water your lawn, but your sidewalk and the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the curb? Now it all comes down to timing and my ability to run in heels. I’m now forced to wait until your rainbow of arcing water moves to one extreme side or the other…then I sprint! Full-force. To make it through before my business casual gets soaked. Again I ask, “really?” If it’s soooo important that your 5’X4’ lawn (and the sidewalk that borders it in your urban oasis) be quenched; do it at 5 am. I assure you the city will have fewer morning commuting sprinters at that time. I have to be honest, at that hour of the day my quads are still tight.
Stop it.
Sincerely,
REM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thursday is my day to water my grass/landscaping for my building. Stop by and I'll give ya a little spritzer up the arse...

rem said...

well when you put it that way, I'm so there.