Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Who Knew?







My name is REM, and I am the smartest woman alive. It's true. For reasons that are too boring to name my laptop smashed to the ground. When I picked it up the 6, 7, 8, U, I, H, J, K, N, and M keys didn't work. Did I panic? No. Ok. Yes. I did. I text my computer friend. He didn't answer. I have like ZERO computer skillz, outside of writing papers and using the internet.

What happened next is a true story:

I popped off the strip thing at the top of my laptop (using a butter knife) where it like, folds shut/has the power button/volume button. I saw two mini screws, so I figured I'd unscrew them. I did. THEN I popped off the whole key board. I blew on it and poked at it and scowled at it. Then I noticed a pluggy looking thing. It looked like it would fit into another pluggy looking thing. It did. I popped back on the keyboard. Screwed back in the mini screws. Popped back on the strip thing at the top aaaaaaaand.............

I. FIXED. IT.



All the keys work. I have computer skillz that I didn't even know about! Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and realize I can speak Thai. Or Russian. I mean, what kind of other super-skillz do I have that I don't know about!?! This is HUGE!

No comments: