Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stuff That I Don't Get

All of my blog friends are clever and/or uber-intelligent. Kudos to them, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to keep up with the Jones'. In fact, today I'll be starting a series that focuses on quite the opposite of being in the know. This series is entitled, Stuff I Don't Get.
Yep. That's about the gist of it. I'll simply mention something I don't get and invite my reader to help me to understand.

Welcome to my first installment of Stuff That I Don't Get

Today’s stuff that I don't get asks the question, “Why don't cabs have cup holders?” Now I can't speak for all cab riders, but in the morning I often have a drink in hand. Usually coffee. I trust I'm not the only morning commuter who thinks that coffee/tea/juice is a lovely way to begin the day, and in their time crunch is often forced to bring it along. It all goes well until it's time to pay. To get out my wallet and to remove the money from my wallet...and then put my change back in my wallet. Now, as my job (like many of us) requires business casual I am wary of squeezing my coffee between my knees while I cash handle. Yes, the travel mug is SUPPOSED to be spill/splash proof, but I've had my days and I'm not all about having another one 30 seconds before I walk into my office. The process stresses me out EVERYTIME. So here it is...here is my question: Why don't cabs have cup holders? I don't get it.

5 comments:

Fannie Wolfe said...

“Why don't cabs have cup holders?”

Hmmm... my theory is that cabbies know that drunk people would barf into them...

rem said...

oh yeah. that kinda makes sense.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

re: what Fannie said

Anonymous said...

Valid, fannie, that or there would be a steady accumulation of gum and other such useless deposits which would in fact serve to do nothing more than annoy you every time you entered a cab.

Oh, and to remind you that people sometimes are sort of nasty and disgusting. The cab drivers would never clean them or even care if things were spilled and/or deposited in them and THIS REM, is why cabs don't have cup holders.

rem said...

thank you brita. i'm ok with it now. perhaps i should have asked why i don't have 3 arms instead.