Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The WAWA Sisterhood!


Dear Jenny,

DUDE! It's your birthday! Ever since that beautiful day when you gazed into my eyes and said, "Dude, if you try to make me munch box we can't be friends." you have been the Tango to my Cash. The Laverne to my Shirley. The Cage to my Jack. And other gay-ass shit. You've withstood threats on your mother from mine. Meriwether family Christmas trees, Letters of Dismissal, Leo the Dick, Laura, ME, my break ups, me "reeeeeally meaning it this time!", you brought donuts to my grandmother's funeral (and came to the church way early b/c I had to be there way early...I really loved my grandmother. You got that without making me say it and sound like a pussy), and SOOOOOOOO much more.

You think that singing in a person's face in a car ride is ok. More than ok. It is expected. You know that me going home means I'm actually going to your house while I stop by my mom's a few times. You pretty much just assume you're picking me up from the airport. You never complain about it. You gave me your green shirt when I moved away. You stopped talking to me for a REALLY long time the year I forgot your birthday, and I wasn't all THAT concerned because I knew we'd eventually be fine again. That's how we are. I'm sure that you love me. You and only one other person (actual statistic). You've ridden out my career changes. And you make me laugh. We both think the other person is funnier. I'm right. And you too believe that posing for weird pictures is the right thing to do. You too believe that food IS therapy...especially since if it's from WAWA. And you fully support my idea to move to the fictional town of Stars Hollow.

This could go on forever. What it really comes down to is that it's awesome how we're awesome.
To the WAWA sisterhood!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE!

-rem
p.s. remember how this time last year we spent the day in court shaking our heads at my brother in disbelief??? BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess it makes sense to be the first to comment....

I am awesome, it's awesome how WE'RE awesome, our friendship is timeless and awesome, and everyone else can go f themselves.

Gotta run...packing my U-haul to head to Stars Hollow.

rem said...

sweet! say yo to kirk for me. dude...jmo. i can only say, jmo.

Anonymous said...

Word to big bird! Jenny is as awesome as awesome can be awesome. Happy Birthday Monstewr!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny, I do not know you, at least I don't think I do. In any case, the birthday wishes stand as anyone who appreciates WaWa is okay in my book.

REM! Welcome back! Virtually two months without a word or hint of sarcasm from you was pretty painful.

rem said...

well good to be back! this is actually my 2nd one back. the one before this might be more your speed. ;-)

rem said...

oh, i'm sorry. how rude of me! jenny, brita. brita, jenny. oh, brita, if you try to make her munch box you guys can't be friends.